Make your own lemonade with a twist - a hint of lavender. Take this easy lavender lemonade recipe to the next level by using fresh lemons from your backyard and home-grown lavender. A nice, refreshing treat on a hot day or make for family and friends.
- In a saucepan, bring 2.5 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar to boil to make a simple syrup.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat & add freshly-washed lavender. Let the syrup cool to room temperature (or refrigerate overnight to use the next day).
- Once the simple syrup is cool remove the lavender stalks (strain if necessary).
- In a pitcher, combine lavender-infused simple syrup, lemon juice (strained to remove seeds) and the remaining 2.5 cups of water.
- Taste and adjust if necessary: add more lemon juice if too sweet, add more sugar if too tart, add ice or more water to adjust concentration.
- To serve, garnish with a lemon slice and sprig of fresh lavender.
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- Small handful of fresh lavender stalks (4-5 pieces about 4" long)
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice (about 4 large homegrown lemons)