Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Imagine lounging in your garden, the sun shining while you sip on fresh lemonade. Make that experience even more special by making it homemade fresh strawberry basil lemonade. Try this fresh-from-your-garden twist on a summertime favorite. Add fresh strawberries and basil to your lemonade recipe for a sweet and refreshing drink.
- Make simple syrup with garden basil. Mash the fresh basil leaves slightly to bruise them which will bring out their flavor.
- Combine the basil, 2 tbsp sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the stovetop and let it cool. Once cool, strain it to remove any large leaves.
- Pour 1 cup of fresh-squeezed lemon juice into a pitcher. Combine strawberries with sugar in a medium-sized bowl and let them sit for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Put the strawberry and sugar mixture into a blender and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency. Strain the mixture to remove any strawberry seeds.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the pitcher with lemon juice and continue stirring while adding the basil simple syrup and 7 cups of water. Add ice to fill the pitcher to a chill
- When serving, pour the lemonade into the glass and add fresh sliced strawberries - garnish with a couple of fresh basil leaves.
- 2 Cups - Strawberries, chopped
- 1 Cup - Basil leaves
- 1 Cup - Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 Cups - Water
- 2 tbsp - Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup - Granulated Sugar