Prosciutto Wrapped Figs
Figs are gaining popularity for their distinct flavor and versatility. Try this crowd-pleasing recipe with your freshly harvested figs. It's a quick an easy recipe that looks very gourmet.
- Wash and cut fresj figs in half
- Place small piece of cheese in the center of each fig
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each fig
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat in a grill pan
- Once grill pan is hot, place each fig in pan. Cook each side for about 3-5 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp and cheese is slightly melted.
- Place on serving platter. Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 6 figs, cut into halves
- 6 slices of prosciutto, sliced vertically into halves
- 12 small pieces of cheese (we used smoked mozzarella here, but you could use any kind of cheese you would like)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus more for garnish