Take grilled chicken from boring to exciting with home-grown fresh herbs. This recipe uses a variety of fresh herbs along with lemon juice to create a marinade that will turn your chicken into an explosion of fresh flavor. Don't forget to set aside some of the fresh herbs to use as a topping so your chicken not only tastes good but also looks stunning on a plate.
Start this recipe in the morning so the chicken has time to absorb all the delicious herby marinade!
- Put the chicken and all other ingredients into a large Ziploc bag. Marinate in the fridge for 6 - 8 hours.
- Prepare to cook the chicken: Preheat your BBQ to medium-high. Place chicken on well-oiled grates
- Grill the chicken, flipping once until cooked through. Watch for flare-ups.
When done, the internal temperature should be 165.
From the Garden
- 2 Tbsp - Fresh Stripped Rosemary, Chopped Fine
- 3 Tbsp - Fresh Stripped Thyme
- 1/2 Cup - Fresh Stripped Oregano, Chopped Roughly
- 2 to 3 - Cloves of Garlic, Smashed
- 1 - Lemon, Zest and Juice
From the Market and Pantry
- 4 - Chicken Breast (Skin On)
- 1/4 Cup - Dry White Wine
- 3 Tbsp - Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Fresh Ground Pepper