Waterwise Butterfly Planter
Full Sun Project
This water-wise planter does not need much attention to thrive & it also attracts butterflies like a magnet!
Find a sunny spot in your yard
Choose a large pot that is 17-20 inches in diameter with drainage holes
Fill the container about 1/3 full with Edna's Best Potting Soil
Mix in a healthy handful of Dr. Earth's Root Zone fertilizer
Gently remove plants from their container & place in the pot according to diagram
Add more potting soil to fill spaces between plants
Water well making sure it is penetrating the soil & running out of the holes at the bottom
This planter needs full sun to grow its best. Feel soil often & only water when it is dry several inches down. Fertilize monthly with a balanced fertilizer such as Dr. Earth's All Purpose organic slow release; sprinkle around base of plants before watering.
- 1 - 6-inch Liatris or Salvia 'Victoria Blue'; Plant "A"
- 1 - 6-inch Rudbeckia; Plant "B"
- 1 - 6-inch Celosia 'Intenz"; Plant "C"
- 1 - 6-inch Echinacea; Plant "D"
- 2 - 4-inch Vinca Cora; Plant "E"
- 2 - 6-inch Lantana 'Gold Struck'; Plant "G"
- 1 - 4-inch Zinnia; Plant "F"
- 1 - Bag Edna's Best Potting Soil
- 1 - Bag Dr. Earth Root Zone Fertilizer
- 1 - Large pot, at least 17-20-inches in diameter with drainage holes