What's better than a caprese salad? A caprese salad that uses your home-grown tomatoes and fresh basil picked from your herb garden. This easy garden recipe for bite-sized caprese salad is perfect as a snack or for gatherings with family and friends. Don't be afraid to get creative and use different tomato varieties or even different types of basil.
- Pick your cherry tomatoes from your garden and rinse them.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut the fresh mozzarella into pieces about 1/2 inch thick and 1 1/2 inch tall and wide.
- Pluck a handful of fresh basil leaves from the plant, rinse and pat dry. Tear the basil into 1 1/2 inch pieces. 5
- Grab a tooth pick and start to assemble your salad.
- Place half the tomato on the tooth pick, add a piece of mozzarella cheese and a piece of basil and place the other half of the tomato on the toothpick.
- Place all your assembled toothpicks on a serving dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Grate some fresh cracked pepper over the top of the salad and enjoy!
- Sweet 100 or Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Cracked Pepper