March Lawn Garden Tips
In the Garden
- On your mark, get set, grow! All types of summer vegetables can be planted now. Amend and feed the soil with Dr. Earth Home Grown Vegetable Garden Planting Mix and Dr. Earth Home Grown Tomato, Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer.
- Start planting. Now’s the right time to plant citrus, avocado and macadamia nut trees with the danger of frost gone.
- Restore color to beds and borders by replacing cool season annuals with summer bedding plants.
- Protect your plants from hungry snails and slugs. Apply Sluggo in areas that pets or children play.
- Scrumptious strawberries. Mid to late March is the ideal time for planting strawberries that you can enjoy throughout spring.
- Spring bulbs. Remember where the spring flowering bulbs were planted? Fertilize that area with one pound of Dr. Earth Spectacular Bulf Food per 100 sq. ft. of bed.
- Plan for summer garden color. Now is the best time to buy summer bulbs like Gladiola, Cannas, Iris, Dahlias and Lilies. Wait until mid-April to plant.
In the House
- Keep them growing. Make sure to fertilize houseplants and repot if needed.
- Vacationing outdoors. If some houseplants will be moving outdoors for summer make sure to give them a more roomy pot. The sun will cause their roots to grow more quickly.
For the Lawn
- Apply fertilizer to wake up warm season lawns and to feed still growing cool season grasses.
For the Birds
- Feed the hummingbirds. Put up at least one hummingbird feeder in your yard and keep it clean and full to attract colorful hummingbirds.