Retail Office Clerk
Job Title: Retail Office Clerk
Locations: Orange County / Los Angeles County / San Diego County / Marin County / Alameda County
Status: Full Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Retail Management / Regional Management
Work Schedule: Five-day, standard work week 40 hours; overtime and weekends as required.
“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers has been serving California residents for over 125 years. Armstrong is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. Armstrong’s sister brand, Pike Nurseries, in the Southeast, makes it the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
- Cashiering, Receiving and Inventory skills required
- Proficiency in Epicor Eagle system a plus
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communication and training skills
- Pass Retail Office Clerk quiz
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Retail Office Clerk is an administrative position designed to support the retail stores in Epicor Eagle functions in order to create and implement efficiency in inventory, POS and other Epicor Eagle related items at the retail level. This position requires attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills and most important, flexibility in order to adapt to the fast-paced environment. This position includes all levels of accounts payable responsibilities including:
- Receiving inventory and assisting with inventory discrepancies
- Be an expert and brand ambassador for Armstrong Garden Centers.
- Able to connect with customers and provide expert knowledge of our products
- Training associates on Epicor Eagle functions
- Creating and submitting purchase orders
- Ensure operational efficiencies with regards to Epicor Eagle
- Work with Information Systems Manager and Operations team, providing feedback with regards to procedures and policies as they apply to the ordering, receiving and POS system.
- Customer service and cashiering as needed
- Organization of office paperwork, filing, etc…
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Major medical, dental, and group benefits
- Paid holidays and paid vacation
- Participate in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Hourly rate will commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.