Landscape Yard Foreman
Job Title: Landscape Yard Foreman
Locations: Orange County / Los Angeles County / San Diego County
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Retail Management / Manager on Duty
Work Schedule: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Hours may vary. Five-day, standard work week 40 hours; including weekend availability.
“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers, serving 125+ years, is a leader in the Garden Center Industry and is on the search for exceptional individuals to work in our nursery. Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes training to provide you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Landscape Yard Foreman is a key member of the store team with primary responsibility for the effective operations of the attached landscape yard. This person is responsible for maintaining incoming and outgoing plants that are a part of local area landscape projects. This position balances multiple projects simultaneously and coordinates status updates for the landscape design team. This position requires attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills and most important, flexibility in order to adapt to the fast-paced environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize landscape yard to accommodate multiple projects.
- Maintain project signage with client and designer names, store numbers, and installation dates.
- Keep and maintain job records at yard.
- Notify Landscape coordinator of significant overstocks, shortages and quality returns for reorder.
- Provide weekly updates on project inventory to designers, stores and coordinator.
- Confirm deliveries and inter-store transfers to Landscape coordinator.
- Finalize purchase orders weekly, and maintain consistent SKU’s for inventory tracking.
- Transfer plant materials to stores for pick-up and delivery to clients.
- Notify store management of outgoing orders in case foreman is not present at time of pick-up.
- Maintenance of Plant material within yard in addition to quality control of all receipts.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- General nursery clean-up: sweeping, dusting, washing windows, restroom clean-up
- Watering and fertilizing all sections of nursery
- Price and stock inventory
- Register functions
- Assist in customer carry-outs
- Read and learn about product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follow safe work practices and report any unsafe working conditions to management
- Perform other related duties and assignments as requested
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Personable, outgoing individual, with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with others
- Organization skills
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Outlook, Point of Sale, and Eagle
- Basic Horticulture knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with others.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- • Medical, dental, life insurance after 90 days
- • Paid holidays and paid vacation after 90 days
- Participate in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Hourly rate will commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Grooming Standards- Our Brand Promise!
Conservative grooming standards apply to all employees of Armstrong Garden Centers.