Pumpkin Topiary DIY
Create a pumpkin topiary that will last throughout fall. Play with different size pumpkins to create a topiary to fit your space and décor style.
1. Choose 3 heirloom pumpkins in varying sizes that are somewhat flat on the top and 1 ‘pumpkin pie’ pumpkin.
2. Get a pot that is slightly smaller in diameter than your largest pumpkin.
3. Remove the stems of all heirloom pumpkins
4. Rest the largest heirloom pumpkin on the rim of the pot and stack the next smallest on top
continuing to stack the heirloom pumpkins.
5. To add stability to the pumpkin topiary, drive a short wooden dowel that is sharpened on both ends through the stack of heirloom pumpkins by hammering it with a mallet. Leave a bit of the top of the sharpened dowel exposed.
6. Place the ‘pumpkin pie’ pumpkin on the stack pushing it down onto the dowel.
7. Add Spanish moss in any gaps between the pumpkins.
1 – 20 Inch Pot
3 – Heirloom Pumpkins
1 – Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin
1 – Spanish Moss bag