An easy-care succulent
Agaves store water in their thick, fleshy leaves and can live off only a few inches of water a year. Talk about a water-wise plant! Perfect for us forgetful gardeners who sometimes don’t water as often as we should.
Agaves in the garden
Fascinating foliage and durability makes agave perfect for use in creating bold, attention-grabbing gardens. Incorporates well into many garden styles and makes a great container plant. Place in pots for easy-care container gardens.
• Use to create a water-wise garden.
• An ideal houseplant when put near a sunny window.
• Group in gardens for attention-grabbing landscape. Rosette shape makes a stunning focal point.
Undemanding and easy-to-maintain, agave thrives in a variety of locations with very little care.
• Mix one part E.B. Stone Planting Compost with one part E.B. Stone Perlite for the perfect soil blend.
• Plant in an area that receives full sun to partial shade. Agave loves to sunbathe!
• Since agave is a water-wise plant, it only needs water once a week once mature. Allow soil to dry out between waterings.
• Fertilize twice a year, in the beginning of fall and spring. Armstrong recommend using Grow More Cactus Juice to maximize health and beauty.
• Use E.B. Stone Cactus and Succulent Mix to provide your agave with excellent drainage.
• Place pot in a location that receives full sun to partial shade.
• Water once a week and allow soil to dry out between waterings.
Availability depends on the season and varies per location. Contact your local Armstrong Garden Center for current availability.