Create a fall container garden with an assortment of fall flowers and colorful foliage planted in a pumpkin. This makes a beautiful centerpiece for fall and Thanksgiving.
- Choose a medium to large pumpkin.
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin and scoop out the insides.
- Coat the inside with Vaseline to keep moisture from seeping into the flesh and speeding decomposition.
- Place a 1 to 2-inch layer of charcoal on the bottom to help a absorb moisture.
- Fill the pumpkin half way with potting soil.
- Arrange your plants and plant them filling soil in around them.
- Sprinkle with water (don’t overwater).
Care: - Water sparingly. - Planter will last 10-12 days. Plant in the garden when the pumpkin starts to turn soft and mushy.
1 – Medium to Large Pumpkin
1 – Acorus
1 – Ornamental Pepper
1 – Purple Kale
1 – Green Kale
2 – Pansies
1 – Variegated Vinca
1 – Variegated Box Honeysuckle
1 – Pike Potting soil (bag)
A - Acorus
B - Pansies
C - Green or Purple Ornamental Kale
D - Variegated Vinca
E - Variegated Box Honeysuckle
F - Ornamental Pepper