How-To Video: Spring Lawn Care
A few simple tasks done in early spring will help you have a beautiful green lawn all summer.
- Clean Up – In early spring, thoroughly rake all leaves, and winter debris from off your lawn
- Mow – Once your lawn begins to grow, mow and edge it to give it a nice tidy appearance.
- Observe any dead patches (no green, all brown.)
- Remove dead grass
- Replant with sod or with seed
- Water Well
- Feed – Use a weed and feed type fertilizer. Follow directions carefully. This will ensure a weed-free lawn.
- Begin watering regularly – remember: it’s better to water less often, but deeply rather than frequent shallow watering!
- Feed regularly, following directions carefully