Fall Pumpkin Planter
Create a fall container garden in a pumpkin to decorate for fall and Thanksgiving.
- Choose a medium to large pumpkin.
- Cut the top off of the pumpkin and scoop out the insides.
- Coat the inside with Vaseline to keep moisture from seeping into the flesh and speeding decomposition.
- Place a 1 to 2 inch layer of charcoal on the bottom to help a absorb moisture.
- Fill the pumpkin half way with potting soil.
- Arrange your plants and plant them filling soil in around them.
- Sprinkle with water (don’t overwater).
- Water sparingly.
- Planter will last 10-12 days. Plant in the garden when the pumpkin starts to turn soft and mushy.