The Landscape Department provides a full service offering for Armstrong customers for any element of their landscape needs. The Landscape Designer position maintains a key role within the landscape division, serving as the liaison between the customer and Armstrong Garden Centers. Key focus areas of this position include customer service, sales and landscape design. This position supports multiple stores and reports to both the applicable Store Managers Manager of the Landscape Division (for purposes of landscape projects).
This position requires a dynamic and motivated self-starter who is capable of working both alone and with a team. This position requires the ability to complete multiple projects while maintaining the general requirements of the position in a time-sensitive environment. Extensive horticulture knowledge and exemplary customer service and sales skill are required of this position. Candidates must possess at least 3-5 years of landscape design/landscape sales experience.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Strong salesmanship with closing capabilities
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong horticulture understanding and background
Overview of Position
The Landscape Designer is directly responsible for the customer experience throughout the landscape design process. From in-home visit, landscape design, plant selection and project closing. This position is directly responsible for:
- Accurate assessment of the scope of customer project
- Creating and innovative design recommendations including applicable plant material recommendations
- Forward thinking design capability incorporating hard good and other Armstrong product offerings
- Product coordination from design, fulfillment and installation
- Timely and exceptional customer follow-up
- Customer service and sales responsibilities at the retail location during the busy season and for training purposes