- About Us
- Careers - Now Hiring
- Career Opportunities
- Landscape Design Division
- Retail Landscape Designer
Retail Landscape Designer
Job Title: Landscape Designer
Locations: Orange County / Los Angeles County / San Diego County / Marin County / Alameda County
Status: Full Time or Part Time / Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Landscape Division Management / Retail Store Management
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Hours may vary. Five-day, standard work week 40 hours; overtime and weekends as required.
“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers has been serving California residents for over 125 years. Armstrong is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. Armstrong’s sister brand, Pike Nurseries, in the Southeast, make it the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Landscape Department provides a full service offering for Armstrong customers for any element of their landscape needs. The Landscape Designer position maintains a key role within the landscape division, serving as the liaison between the customer and Armstrong Garden Centers. Key focus areas of this position include customer service, sales and landscape design. This position supports multiple stores and reports to both the applicable Store Managers Manager of the Landscape Division (for purposes of landscape projects).
This position requires a dynamic and motivated self-starter who is capable of working both alone and with a team. This position requires the ability to complete multiple projects while maintaining the general requirements of the position in a time-sensitive environment. Extensive horticulture knowledge and exemplary customer service and sales skill are required of this position. Candidates must possess at least 3-5 years of landscape design/landscape sales experience.
Armstrong Garden Centers is seeking a Landscape Designer who is passionate about Horticulture and Landscape Design. The Landscape Designer must be hard-working, organized and self-motivated. Must be willing to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner and coordinate with Landscape Design Sales team to prepare scaled hand drawings or CAD designs
- A natural eye for design, perspective, proportion, color and scale
- Exceptional time management skills, highly organized and ability to complete projects within timelines given
- Driven and goal orientated and takes pride in completion of great work
- Flexible, open-minded and the ability to take constructive feedback
- Ability to complete 2-4 designs daily
- Accurate assessment of scope of customer project
- Creating innovated design recommendations including applicable plant material recommendations
- Forward thinking design capability incorporating hard good and other Armstrong product offerings
- Product coordination from design, fulfillment and installation
- Timely and exceptional customer follow-up
- Customer service and sales responsibilities at retail location during the busy season and for training purposes
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
In pursuit of a degree in Landscape Architecture or related field from an accredited University or 2-year program
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills
- Strong salesmanship and closing capabilities
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong horticulture understanding and background
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Medical, dental, life insurance after 90 days
- Paid holidays and paid vacation after 90 days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Salary will commensurate with experience
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
To Apply: Click Here to apply online.